The good news for those involved in working with regenerative design is that recent research is increasingly showing that regenerative design is healthier for humans than competing approaches while producing outcomes that are both technically superior and economically more profitable. This means it is time for the regenerative design community to start keeping track of the new research and documenting how it supports regenerative design systems.
Fortunately there are a variety of open-source software tools and platforms that can help us collaborate on this task. Join the Eldenbridge Institute for a free 90-minute introduction to these tools that can help you both pursue your own research and participate in our ongoing online collaborations.
This webinar will walk you through how to download and install several free tools, including the Zotero Reference Management platform that we have been using to keep track of emerging research and create bibliographies for our research materials.
In addition to desktop software, Zotero also offers browser plug-ins that let you automatically grab information from the web and word processor plug-ins that let you automatically create and format in-line references and full bibliographies with the push of a button.
By creating a Zotero account, you can sync your reference libraries across devices and also participate in group research projects.
Topics we will cover include:
- How to use tools like Google Scholar to search for peer-reviewed research, along with the limitations of these search engines
- How to evaluate journal articles and papers to identify high-quality research
- How various industry-standard formats for metadata allow for software tools to gather bibliographic information automatically
- How to download and install the Zotero application, plus install the plug-ins for your web browser and word processor
- How to create a Zotero account and connect to our online research group so that you can view our resource libraries and submit materials you have found
- How to set up your Zotero software and start using it to collaborate with us on our regenerative research projects
Online research and reference management platforms are a bit specialized, but they are becoming important tools in building credibility for the field of regenerative design.
Who is this Course For?
This course is designed for anyone interested in helping perform research and gather references to further the development of regenerative design science. In particular, this class will prepare anyone who has volunteered to assist with the review of our Biocompatible Design materials or with the upcoming peer-review of our Permaculture Design Certification course materials.
This class will be hosted online via Zoom Meeting. Recordings of the class will be made available for students who are unable to join the class live.
This class will be taught by Alan Booker and guest instructors.
Date & Time
The class will run from 8:00 – 9:30 pm Central time on Wednesday, April 3, 2019.
Cost and Registration
This course is offered at no cost.
Registration for the course is open through Tuesday, April 2. To register, click the Register Now button at the bottom of this page.
Once you have registered, you should receive a welcome email within 24 hours. If you don’t see the welcome email, please check your spam folder.
- April 3, 2019
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Venue: Online Webinar
We will email you detailed instructions on how to join our online class once you register.